### Our Homepage is down at the moment...work in progress !! ###
  • Index
  •  » Developers Only
  •  » Support for other ADM5120 linux devices like Digitus DN-16022 IP-Cam

#1 2006-11-15 20:11:57

Tom

Support for other ADM5120 linux devices like Digitus DN-16022 IP-Cam

Hi,
The good experience of the past with OpenWRT made me looking for other devices that run linux. Now that I am searching a good MPEG4 capable IP-Cam i stumbled over the linux-mips.org page [1] and your page/distribution. Since the tarballs of Digitius webcams do not seem to be complete (just the kernel) I am searching for projects that are suitable to be the same what OpenWRT is for the Linksys devices.

My questions:
* Are you aware of a complete tarball for any ADM5120 IP-Cam that has all needed Makefiles to create a firmware image?
* Do you have experience with the Digitus IP Cams. Has someone tried to make those Cams usable (open a shell/telnet/SSHd)?
* Are all ADM5120 devices more or less all the same, even in terms of firmware header etc?

I am looking forward to an answer.
Best regards,
Tom

----
Hi again,
I am still interested in an answer and i check the forum from time to time. If there are any questions left open do not hesitate to ask here. I would like to assure you that it is worth to answer because my plan is to purchase such a device after i got a hint that it will work (somehow) to make the Linux on the camera something usefull.

Cheers again,
Tom

[1] http://www.linux-mips.org/wiki/ADMtek

Last edited by Tom (2006-11-20 18:43:43)

• Index
  •  » Developers Only
  •  » Support for other ADM5120 linux devices like Digitus DN-16022 IP-Cam

Board footer